GroFin in partnership with Shell Foundation, KfW, Dutch Good Growth Fund, Norfund is receiving application for its Small and Growing Business Fund (SGB), with a size of US $100+ Million. This is the first of its kind, uncapped and unlimited-life fund to support growth of small and growing businesses in Africa.
SGB Fund: First of its kind, uncapped and unlimited-life fund to support growth of small and growing businesses in Africa. Officially launched by GroFin on September 23rd, 2015.
- 80 – 100 investments per year at an average deal size of USD $100,000- USD $1.5 million in local currency. The fund typically provides finance in forms of medium term loans.
- Over 10 years the growing SGB portfolio will sustain 32,000 employees as part of its impact.
- A specialist fund manager with a proven track record and local capacity in 9 countries in Africa.
- Your business operates in one of the following countries: Nigeria, Ghana, Zambia, Egypt, South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda
- Your business is for profit
- Your business has a turnover of less than US$ 15 million and assets less than US$ 6 million
- You require financing between US$ 100,000 and US$ 1.5 million
- The business is owner-operated and/or the owner is substantially involved in running the business
Application process: Please start your application with Pre-Qualification Assessment on GroFin portal.