EVANSVILLE, Ind., Feb. 07, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Federal Savings Bank and Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) are reminding consumers that banking locally is an investment in the community and creates a lifelong relationship with a hometown lender with community ties and a vested interest in their customers’ financial success.
“We know you have a choice in your financial provider, and we take great pride in our reputation as a community bank,” said Courtney Schmitt, VP, Marketing Manager at First Federal Savings Bank. “We are grateful for your trust and commitment to local prosperity and pledge to continue working every day to demonstrate our value while giving back to the community that we love and call home.”
Community banks are financial stewards of their communities, funding more than 60 percent of small businesses, more than 80 percent of agricultural loans, and helping local families finance major purchases and build financial security. Community banks:
- Respect and honor community ties by channeling loans to neighborhoods where their depositors live and work, which helps drive the local economy.
- Are relationship lenders, taking a holistic approach to lending to consider numerous data sources, including credit history and discretionary spending.
- Understand and embrace local businesses. The Federal Reserve has repeatedly found that small businesses that apply for loans with community banks are more successful and satisfied.
- Are innovative, partnering with technology providers to deliver high-tech, high-touch experiences.
- Give back. Serving local communities is a part of the community bank tradition, as reflected in ICBA’s National Community Bank Service Awards.
“Community banks have built their reputation as relationship lenders, attuned to the unique financial needs of their customers and serving them through every phase of their financial journey," ICBA President and CEO Rebeca Romero Rainey said. “ICBA is honored to represent the nation’s community bankers that make a difference in the financial lives of their customers and power local communities.”
For more information about community banks and to find one of First Federal Savings Bank’s local branches, visit banklocally.org. Join the conversation on social media with the hashtag #BankLocally.
About First Federal Savings Bank
First Federal Savings Bank was established on Evansville, Indiana's Westside in 1904. A community bank offering eight locations in Posey, Vanderburgh, Warrick, and Henderson County. First Federal Savings Bank is also proud to offer Home Building Savings Bank locations in Daviess and Pike County.
The Independent Community Bankers of America® has one mission: to create and promote an environment where community banks flourish. We power the potential of the nation’s community banks through effective advocacy, education, and innovation.
As local and trusted sources of credit, America’s community banks leverage their relationship-based business model and innovative offerings to channel deposits into the neighborhoods they serve, creating jobs, fostering economic prosperity, and fueling their customers’ financial goals and dreams. For more information, visit ICBA’s website at icba.org.
CONTACT: Media Contacts Courtney Schmitt firstname.lastname@example.org (812) 492-8295 Nicole Swann email@example.com 202-821-4458 @ICBA_nswann