The Climate Story Fund encourages captivating storytelling and global impact initiatives that advance a just and biodiverse future. The fund will provide awards of $50,000 to $100,000 to assist 6–8 initiatives.
The Climate Story Fund gives priority to climate stories that put the underserved, the disengaged, and the most impacted people at the center of the narrative. The Fund also gives priority to storytellers who are active in and from those communities and who share narratives that have a profound impact on unfamiliar and disinterested audiences, thereby engaging people in important discussions about climate justice.
- The Doc Society application portal must be used to submit applications.
- Each initiative must have a climate-related theme and a plan to launch an impact campaign.
- You don’t have to be an impact expert, but you should be receptive to the idea.
- Projects must finish production by 2023 to be eligible for production funding.
- Projects must launch an impact campaign in 2023 to be eligible for impact financing.
- All grantees are required to attend an Impact Lab as part of the grant-making process for this fund in order to connect with impact producers and climate experts, develop impact strategies, and create impact campaigns that draw on pre-existing knowledge and advocacy efforts to engage their target audiences. Project teams must be able to join our online Impact Meeting.
projects from throughout the world, including those that are tailored to a global audience or localized ones helping local populations projects by emerging and seasoned artists
Produced works of creative nonfiction include long-form, short-form, or episodic documentaries as well as podcasts and radio documentaries. completed creative nonfiction and fiction works in any genre seeking to test a marketing strategy
|1 December 2022||Call for applications opens|
|11 January 2023||Climate Story Fund Q&A Webinar for interested applicants|
|1 February 2023||Call for applications closes at 11:59 PM PST|
|27-31 March 2023||Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to supply rough cuts (if ready) and extended materials|
|17-21 April 2023||Zoom interviews for shortlisted applicants|
|8-12 May 2023||Selected grantees will be notified|
|22-26 May 2023||Unsuccessful candidates will be notified|
|5-9 June 2023||Virtual Impact Lab week for all new grantees|
Visit the Official Webpage of the Doc Society Climate Story Fund 2023. Deadline: 1 February 2023