Access up to $100,000 non-dilutive fund from Google’s Black Founders Fund Africa
Co-creation Hub is excited to announce that we are partnering with Google for Startups to lead the disbursement of the Black Founders Fund Africa. This fund will provide grants and technical support to early-stage startups in Africa to grow their companies and create meaningful impact in their communities.
The fund, which is a $3M non-dilutive (equity-free) fund, will be allocated across a pipeline of 50 investable early-stage startups in Africa. Selected companies will receive the following:
- Up to $100,000 in cash awards. Each startup will receive either $50,000 or $100,000. Funding varies according to each startup’s product development stage, current needs, and how much they’ve already raised.
- $220,000 in Google Cloud Credits and Ad Grants.
- Mentoring, technical and scaling assistance from the best of Google and its resources.
Who is eligible?
- A startup that is headquartered in Africa or has a legal presence on the continent.
- A founding team that is diverse, with at least one Black C-level founding member
- A Technology startup with a live product in market or business where technology is core to their ability to scale (not for consultancies or not-for-profits)
- Compatibility with Google products
Speaking on the launch of the Google For Startups Black Founders Fund programme, Bosun Tijani, CEO Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) and iHub, says, “It is heartwarming to see Google’s continued commitment to strengthening and elevating the start-up ecosystem in Africa. Google was one of the early believers in tech entrepreneurs across Africa and the evolution of the support over the last 10 years reflect a thoughtful and contextualized commitment. This programme will not only empower founders across the continent but also deepen the pipeline and unlock follow-on funding from both local and foreign investors. It is extremely timely.”
The deadline for application is July 7th 2021. Visit this post to find out more information about the fund (eligibility criteria , FAQs, etc.) and to submit your application