In 2015, we launched our first ‘open to all’ competition, The Face of AFWL 2015. Our winner, the Scottish Zimbabwean Maggie Smith, was a most worthy winner. Conscientious, beautiful and intelligent, Maggie went from having her face all over London underground posters to all our promotional material. Maggie carried on to a successful modelling career in her native Scotland.
KINGS AND QUEENS OF AFWL
Fast forward to 2020, and we’ve decided to launch The Face of AFWL2020 once again to all our aspiring male and female models. We have so many applications every year to be on our catwalks and while we cannot take all of you, we still want you involved in AFWL2020. PRIZES Our winners will be an integral part of Africa Fashion Week London’s planning and PR. The winners will learn what it takes to be on the front cover of AFWL2020. Prizes include a photoshoot and video shoot for our 2020 promotions; a place on our model casting judging panel and a place on our 2020 catwalk.
HOW TO ENTER
- Go to our website Face of AFWL2020 page
- Upload your best, unfiltered photograph on the form on the left by midnight on Wednesday 18 March
- Fill in your email and details (don’t worry, this won’t be made public)
- Click ENTER TO WIN!
- On Thursday 19 March, we will open all the photos to a public vote.
- Tell your friends and family to vote for you. They can do this once a day!
- The winner will be notified by email on Friday 27 March 2020.
- GOOD LUCK
African Fashion Week London 2020