Applications are open for Transforming Lives Awards 2018 to identify and support excellent nonprofits and social entrepreneurs focused on UN Sustainable Development Goal 8: improving livelihoods, productive employment and decent work for all.
The Awards is inspired by the Alquity shared values business model, which has generated over $1.7m in charitable donations, supported the growth of sustainable livelihood programming and transformed thousands of lives across Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Awards totaling $600,000, each winner will receive up to $100,000 in funding to Transform Lives and drive sustainable impact.
The Awards will recognize organizations that fit the following categories:
- HIGH IMPACT: Nonprofits demonstrating strong practices & results in economic empowerment
- HIGH POTENTIAL: Nonprofits that demonstrate potential to scale Livelihoods-focused programs
- ENTERPRISE: Enterprises with a sustainable approach to address social or environmental challenges.
- Geography: Organizations must be operating in one of the following countries: Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, China, India, Vietnam, Brazil, Chile, Peru or Mexico. There will be at least one Award in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- Sustainability: A core component of all the Awards will be to fund sustainable and / or scalable solutions. Award winners will need to demonstrate a pathway to a sustainable funding model, even if their current model requires donor funding.
- Programmatic Focus: These awards seeks to support growth in sustainable livelihoods and the achievement of UN Sustainable Development Goal 8: economic growth and decent work for all.
How to Apply
Deadline: 31 October 2018
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, visit https://join.philanthropyu.org/transform_lives/Share this Post
Connect with Us