Application Deadline: March 3rd 2020
VITTEL® and Ashoka are launching the “Act for Biodiversity” Challenge — a global search for changemakers who can bring key players together to preserve and restore biodiversity.
- Be 18 years old or older by the time they apply
- Apply with a project that is already implemented beyond the idea stage (must have implemented at least a pilot) and thus be able to present at least initial evidence of impact
- Have incorporated as a nonprofit, for-profit, or hybrid organization, or have a fiscal sponsor
- Be fluent in English and/or French (winners will be expected to engage in activities that require English or French proficiency)
- Only one application per initiative will be accepted.
- Entries will only be accepted in English or French.
- Employees of VITTEL®, Nestlé S.A. and their parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, joint ventures, advertising agencies, promotion agencies and other service providers for this Challenge, their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household are not eligible.
- Partners or initiatives that are already financed or supported by VITTEL® or Nestlé S.A., its affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures are not eligible.
Prizes and Benefits
All eligible entrants will
- Receive feedback from Ashoka & VITTEL® & Nestlé S.A. networks
- Become known internally at the Ashoka & VITTEL® & Nestlé S.A. networks
- Be invited to participate in the peer review process
- Be considered as potential candidates for Accelerator and Co-Creation opportunities with VITTEL®, Nestlé S.A. & Ashoka
considered for features in VITTEL®’s public communications campaigns
(upon authorization from entrant), and therefore benefit from large
communication and distribution outreach.
Semifinalists (up to 50) will
- Have an opportunity to refine their entry and incorporate feedback received in the screening phase
- Receive additional feedback from experts from Ashoka & VITTEL® & Nestlé S.A.
- Be referenced on VITTEL®’s website at the semifinalist announcement
- Be invited to participate at online calls for semifinalists to connect with each other
Finalists (up to 15) will
- Participate at in-person event (travel costs covered) with networking opportunities with VITTEL®, Nestlé S.A. & Ashoka
- Have access to additional online network opportunities with Ashoka & VITTEL®& Nestlé S.A.
- Be featured in Ashoka social media channels
- Be referenced on VITTEL®’s website at the finalists announcement
- Present their initiatives at a live-pitch to the judges panel (at the in-person event)
- Be reviewed also by a pool of VITTEL® employees and stakeholders, who will vote to choose their favorites. (Voting results will be considered by the judges at the final deliberation).
Winners (up to 4)
- All winners will receive a cash prize (a total of 60 000 CHF will be distributed among the winners);
- All winners will be featured on VITTEL® PR coverage about Challenge results;
- 2 winners will be invited to participate in an Accelerator for Collective Impact with VITTEL®, Nestlé S.A. & Ashoka.
- Entry period – December 12, 2019 – March 3, 2020
- Screening & Peer Review – March 5 – March 26
- Semifinalists Announcement – March 30, 2020
- Refining – March 30 – April 9, 2020
- Shortlisting – April 10 – April 27, 2020
- Finalists Announcement – April 28, 2020
- In-person final event & Winners announcement – May 2020 (specific days to be confirmed