UNIDO ITPO Italy, the Italian Investment and Technology Promotion Office of the United Nations Organization for Industrial Development and the Future Food Institute of Bologna have launched the third edition of the International Award “Innovative Ideas and Technologies in Agribusiness”.
The contest offers an opportunity at international level to highlight and promote new solutions to upgrade food security and safety requirements in DCs while creating links with the business world to establish positive synergies with the opportunity to submit the project to potential partners in the UNIDO network.
- Cultivation, harvesting, processing, conservation, packaging and distribution of agricultural, livestock and fishery products;
- Valorization of agricultural products of local communities and aimed at fighting food waste and losses;
- Logistics management and access to international markets of agricultural products of DCs;
- Improvement of life and economic conditions of workers in the agricultural and similar sectors in DCs;
- Development and qualification of a local market for food and agricultural goods and byproducts;
- Environmental solutions for agribusiness waste treatment & management, and production of energy and water from alternative sources for agricultural, human and zoo technical use;
- Smart and Urban Agriculture and ICT & big data application.
- The participation to the contest is open to startups and companies, researchers and universities, research and technology transfer centers, associations and NGOs from all over the world.
- The proposal submitted by participants to the tender must be from applicants belonging to the following categories:
- Micro, small, medium, and large enterprises;
- Startups operating in sectors linked to the contest;
- Research centers, incubators, Technology Transfer offices, university spin-offs, and academia;
- Public-Private Partnerships;
- Associations, business consortia and networks, NGOs, as well as public and private foundations linked to the business world and international cooperation.
- Researchers, innovators and smallholders farmers.
How to Apply
Deadline: 31 March 2019
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.unido.it/award2019/unido-itpo-italy-e-future-food-institute-launch-the-iii-edition-of-the-international-award-in-agribusiness/Share this Post
Connect with Us