Technical professionals from West Africa are encouraged to enroll for a training program that will prepare them to become certified trainers for the newly established Rice Miller Business Academy (RMBA). The Training of Trainers initiative intends to create a network of qualified trainers who can provide practical business development training to West Africa’s burgeoning rice sector.
Rice Miller Business Academy
The Rice Miller Business Academy will provide business training to West African rice millers. If requested, milling employees can participate in five major training programs:
Practical Marketing for Rice Mills – essential abilities for marketing rice as markets change and increase.
The Economics of Rice Milling – the economics of rice milling, sound manufacturing practices, and the impact on developing a long-term business.
Finance is critical for rice mills. Cash flow management, access to money, and being more bankable are all important financial skills.
Creating Profitable Farmer Services – the business case and fundamental operations for services such as irrigation, mechanization, and seed supply.
Mastering Milling Operations – technical operations in a rice milling environment The Rice Miller Business Academy intends to especially help rice enterprises address some of their most significant issues:
Getting ready to participate in an increasingly competitive market.
Improving operations so that mills can compete in the production of high-quality rice.
Commercial company planning that is proactive and based on facts.
Financial activities must be actively managed.
Creating financially viable farmer services to source consistently higher-quality paddy.
- Technical experts with necessary abilities and expertise in any of the Rice Miller Business Academy’s four courses listed above, excluding Mastering Milling Operations.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in a related field such as Marketing, Management, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Agribusiness, and so on.
- At least ten years of experience with a bachelor’s degree, or five years with a master’s degree.
- Experience as adult trainers, training designers, facilitators, and coaches in the work setting is desired.
- Women are urged to apply in particular.
- Candidates must be citizens of Ghana, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, or Senegal.
- Demonstrated proficiency in French and/or English in a corporate setting. Applicants who are fluent in each of these languages will be given extra consideration.
There is no cost to attend this workshop. The program will cover the costs of transportation, logistics, and lodging for in-person training.
- Date of publication of the request for trainer applications: August 22, 2023
- Candidate applications are submitted. The deadline is September 6, 2023.
- 3 days for candidate evaluation
- Selection and invitation to participate in trainer training: September 11th
For more information, please visit:
- Visit the Rice Miller Business Academy Training of Trainers Official Website.