ENGAGE IN INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION AND EXPLORE GLOBAL NETWORKS AND FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES. The Global Startup Awards (GSA) Africa has expanded its reach in 2021, encompassing a wider geographical area. Africa’s rapidly growing community of innovators extends an invitation to all leaders in innovation to tap into new markets, secure funding, and connect with a global network of influential individuals.
The Global Startup Awards unite impactful startups and investors from more than 100 countries worldwide. Participants are presented with the chance to engage with potential mentors, partners, clients, and stay updated on the latest industry trends.
Moreover, the competition process brings together local ambassadors, country partners, national jury members, international jury members, and key advisors to identify winners across all facets of the startup ecosystem.
The African Startup Awards establish connections between the finest tech startups in Africa and a global network of prominent investors and innovation ecosystems. Through the African Startup Awards, startups gain access to:
- Untapped Markets
- Lucrative Funding Opportunities
- A Diverse Network of Influential Leaders
- Enhanced Visibility on a Global Scale.
GSA Africa Season 2024 Competition Categories:
- Women In Tech
- Health Tech
- Green Tech
- Mobility & Logistics
- Co-Working Space
- Accelerator / Incubator Program
- Investor of the Year
- Founder of the Year
- Startup of the Year
- Ecosystem Hero of the Year
- Best Newcomer
- WESTERN AFRICA STARTUP AWARDS
- NORTHERN AFRICA STARTUP AWARDS
- CENTRAL AFRICAN STARTUP AWARDS
- SOUTHERN AFRICA STARTUP AWARDS
- EASTERN AFRICA STARTUP AWARDS
- GSA Africa Season 2024 General Criteria for Startup Applications:
- To be eligible for consideration, the startup should not exceed a maximum age of 5 years, which is calculated from the date of establishment until the opening of public nominations. However, this criterion does not apply to the Best Newcomer category and the Best Venture Capitalist category.
- Furthermore, the startup must have been founded and currently operate within the country participating in the competition. Additionally, it is required that the startup has a minimum viable product (MVP) and/or service available in the market.
- Moreover, the startup must demonstrate a consistent monthly recurring revenue. In order to qualify, the startup must also have a team consisting of two or more individuals.
- Furthermore, it is essential that the startup is African-led, meaning that it must have at least one founder or co-founder who is from Africa and currently resides on the continent.
- Lastly, all applications must be submitted in English, and any accompanying presentations or pitches must also be in English.