Applications are open for Polygon Bootcamp Africa, launched in partnership with Xend Finance! The eight-week intensive educational course and hackathon combo will put developers in Africa on the Web3 map.
This is Polygon’s biggest step in providing resources to developers, builders, and creators in Africa, and it comes during an important time.
An internet and blockchain revolution is underway across the continent. Africa has seen a 50-fold increasein internet users since 2000, with 75% of people estimated to be online by 2030. Mobile technology itself has already created 1.7 million jobs and spurred $144 billion in economic value across the continent.
Polygon Bootcamp Africa is split into two concurrent tracks:
- Beginner track: for Web3 newbies and Web2 developers looking for a change. This is your start to a different career, a new web, and capturing more of the value you create. Participants will learn all about blockchain mechanics, writing smart contracts, decentralized computing, and what it takes to launch an app.
- Mastery track: for the well-traveled Web3 builders with a few feathers in their cap. You might be moonlighting as a Web3 developer, or maybe you’ve committed your career to the new web. Participants will learn the ins and outs of Polygon’s scaling solutions.
- The top three Beginner projects will be considered for bounties of $5,000, $3,000, and $2,000, respectively, while Mastery projects will compete for bounties of $10,000, $7,000, and $5,000. The top Mastery submissions will also be funneled into Polygon’s Accelerator program, to ensure more mentorship and funding.
- In addition to ~swag~ for ALL participants, another 10 runner-up Beginner projects, and 30 runner-ups in Mastery, will receive $500 and $750, respectively.
- Sep. 26: Applications open
- Oct. 7: Applications close
- Oct. 10: Learning phase begins
- Nov. 18: Learning phase ends
- Nov. 21: Hackathon begins
- Dec. 2: Hackathon ends
- Dec. 5: Judging begins
- Dec. 19: Hackathon winners livestream
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Polygon Bootcamp Africa. Application Deadline: October 7, 2022