Apply for the Serengeti Umoja Incubator Programme 2022 for aspiring renewable energy developers
‘Umoja’ is Swahili for unity and a symbol of our goal to give aspiring renewable energy developers in sub-Saharan Africa the tools they need to successfully complete their projects. The incubator will allow you to gain access to funding and global networks along with commercial and technical knowledge.
In order to be eligible to participate in the incubator program, the project you present must adhere to the following rules:
- Be submitted by its owner(s) or (jointly “owners”) or by its/their representatives
- Be located in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)
- Not be located in a protected area as defined by IFC Performance Standard 6 and IUCN
- Use renewable energy technology (wind, solar and hydro only) with a size between 3MW-50MW and limited to a maximum of 25MW for hydro power projects
- Have passed the “idea stage” and at a minimum an MOU or EOI
- Have a viable offtake strategy and be located in a country with policies and regulations allowing IPPs
- Up to 30MW for hydro with little or small community impact as possible
Receive financing and construction opportunities for your project from Serengeti Energy.
Connect to renewable energy market leaders by tapping into Serengeti Energy’s vast resources.
Be a part of the renewable energy movement and empower Africa for a brighter tomorrow.
Training & Workshops
Grow your skills and deepen your knowledge in the renewable energy industry with world-class trainers and resources.
The Incubator Programme, dubbed the ‘Umoja Incubator’, invites aspiring developers in the renewable energy industry who have big ideas but lack the experience or financial capabilities to submit their proposals to the Serengeti initiative.
The submitted proposals will be evaluated by the jury between June and September 2022. The winning project(s) will enter into a partnership with Serengeti Energy. The goal is to give them the tools needed to succeed and positively impact their communities and these include access to commercial and technical knowledge, and eventually funding.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Serengeti Umoja Incubator Programme 2022. Application Deadline: September 2nd, 2022, 23:59 EAT.