Application Deadline: February 27th 2022
Building on the success of the 2018, 2020 and 2021 editions of CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa, is excited to launch a special edition, CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa, which will be delivered in Dubai.
Developed by the LHoFT Foundation, the program targets companies focusing on financial inclusion in Africa and the MENA region, aiming to build bridges with Luxembourg’s Microfinance Industry, highlighting their initiatives and very much aligned with the sustainability goals of Luxembourg’s finance centre.
This special edition of CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa will once again leverage Luxembourg’s Inclusive Finance and Fintech ecosystem to support selected firms in developing their businesses and achieving their inclusion goals. In addition, firms will get unique exposure to the Dubai finance and Fintech ecosystem with the support of DIFC Fintech Hive Dubai.
The 3-day program will end with a pitching session and evening gala at the Luxembourg Pavilion at the World expo 2020, in the presence of Luxembourg’s Minister of Economy and Minister for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Affairs, H.E. Franz Fayot.
- Selected firms will have, at least, a demonstrable Minimum Viable Product (“MVP”) and will likely be in the pre-seed to seed stage of funding.
- Companies must be active in the financial inclusion field, helping underserved and unbanked populations in Africa and the MENA region get access to financial products and services.
- Companies will submit all necessary information to the LHoFT in order to assess the viability of the project, company, background of owners and key shareholders to limit the risks of non-compliance or doubtful application to the program.
- Companies must agree and shall provide on-going performance metrics and business status for a period of three years post programme completion to the LHoFT for the purposes of programme evaluation.
- The selected firm must guarantee that a founding team member, typically the CEO, will attend the programme for the duration of the 3 days.
- Catapult: Inclusion Africa is particularly interested in hearing from firms in payments and related services.
- LHoFT will reimburse reasonable travel costs to reach Dubai, using Economy Class Airline Carrier, up to 2000€ per person/company (or equivalent).
- The participants will be hosted in one of the best hotels in Dubaï, for the duration of the program.
- Breakfast and lunches will be provided. Probably some dinners as well.
Catapult: Inclusion Africa – 3 Days
In person, in Dubai
March 21st to 23rd, 2022
3-day boot camp – Costs are fully covered
3 days training and networking Bootcamp, from March 21st to 23rd, run in Dubai, for selected Fintech firms working to improve financial inclusion in Africa.
The Bootcamp leverages both Luxembourg’s and Dubai’s Inclusive Finance and Fintech ecosystem, in order to support the selected firms in developing their businesses and achieving their inclusion goals
Connecting financial inclusion fintechs from MENA and Africa with key stakeholders like Microfinance Institutions, investors and industry experts. Learn how to become more efficient and effective in reaching underserved market segments.
Building on the success and experience of past editions and other financial inclusion programs, this unique program is aligned with the sustainability goals of Luxembourg’s financial centre. The program is fully funded by the Luxembourg Government.
Delivered in collaboration with key stakeholders from the microfinance finance, fintech and traditional finance sectors, from Luxembourg and Dubai.
For More Information: