For the 2019 World AIDS Day celebrations, African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) has announced a call for proposals to award grants to African women’s organisations and groups to support innovative activities that will strengthen the leadership and voices of women and girls with disabilities in the HIV and AIDS response.
AWDF will support activities led by young women with disabilities, activities that highlights the needs of women and girls with disabilities living and HIV and AIDS, community driven events that help raise awareness, build visibility and call for change around the needs and involvement of women with disabilities in HIV and AIDS interventions.
AWDF encourages innovative projects that involve women especially young women with disabilities leading the implementation. They also would prioritize activities that focus on building and strengthening movements that promote the rights of women living with HIV and disability.
AWDF encourages innovation- so do send in applicant’s creative ideas! Projects may include activities that;
- Build the confidence of women and young women with disabilities living with HIV and AIDS to speak out and demand for HIV services for women living with disabilities.
- Increase the knowledge of women and young women with disabilities living with HIV and AIDS to take preventive measures against HIV and AIDS infection and reinfection.
- Set the agenda for addressing the drivers causing HIV and AIDS infection among young women with disabilities.
- Promote HIV and AIDS programming for women and young women with disabilities.
- Educate key stakeholders (Health providers) and the community on the challenges faced by women and young women with disabilities living with HIV and AIDS in accessing health care.
- Hold duty bearers accountable for addressing HIV and AIDS issues among women with disabilities.
- Use technology, arts, culture and sports to create awareness around disability and HIV and AIDS issues.
- Raise awareness among policy makers about the barriers faced by women and young women with disabilities in accessing HIV services.
AWDF particularly welcomes applications from organisations led by women living with disabilities and women living with HIV and AIDS.
How to Apply
Deadline: 24 April 2019
Applicants can apply online via the given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit this link.Share this Post
Connect with Us