Application Deadline:21st of May 2021.
Bloom Africa is looking for 6 African journalists. Join us and get the opportunity to get your work published and showcase female entrepreneurship in your innovation ecosystem.
Eligibility & Requirements:
If you’re a journalist passionate about gender equality and entrepreneurship, then we want to hear from you! You must:
- Be aged 18-35
- Have a degree in Journalism or an equivalent field
- Be a native speaker of English or be able to speak and write in English
- Have demonstrable experience in journalistic writing (print or online media) + experience in daily reporting.
- Be available to work with WeBloom for a duration of 6 months and produce at least 4 article each month.
- Attend and actively participate in fortnightly feedback online meetings with the WeBloom chief editor and other selected journalists.
- Complete a monthly monitoring and evaluation survey
- Receive training on business reporting, working with sources, how to search for trusted information and story pitching
- Deepen your knowledge of African enterprises and gender disparities within the innovation and entrepreneurship sector more broadly
- Be exposed to expert speakers and gain relevant networks
- Gain access to story ideas and editorial advice
- Share your own expertise with other participants;
How to apply:
To apply for opportunity, we need you to provide us with the following:
- Motivational letter
- Current CV
- 3 journalistic articles of your recent work
All applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59pm (Central African Time) on the 21st of May 2021.
*Organisers will not provide feedback on rejected applications. Successful applicants will be notified by 31st May 2021
For More Information: