The best option for a hybrid workflow is the RF 24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z; for smooth, expert control over this lens, use the Power Zoom Adapters PZ-E2 and PZ-E2B; for a small, lightweight ultra-wide zoom lens, use the RF-S 10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM; and for the longest-reaching telephoto zoom lens for the RF mount3, use the RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM.
Canon today announced the release of two new power zoom adapters and three innovative RF lenses that expand the creative possibilities of content makers of all skill levels. The best hybrid lens including two power zoom adapters that can be added on.
The RF 24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z is a long-awaited advancement in lens technology for many photographers and videographers. With features from broadcast, movie, and ordinary RF lenses, this all-in-one lens basically functions as numerous lenses, creating a genuinely adaptable lens concept. It is the first RF zoom lens with Servo capability using optional power zoom adapters, along with a dedicated iris/aperture control ring.
It is intended to meet the growing need for hybrid shoots that combine photo and video material among professional creators. This high-end, feature-rich lens is ideal for shooting news, documentaries, corporate projects, weddings, events, and content for social media.
There is no longer a need to choose between these two qualities when pursuing the ideal shot thanks to the RF 24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z, which combines the reach and convenience of the RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM lens with the creative and low-light capacity of the RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM. Additionally, the lens maintains 5.5 stops of optical image stabilization for unmatched image quality (up to 8 stops when combined with in-body image stabilization1), offering high image quality when shooting in dynamic situations like weddings or events and extreme stability for handheld movies. When combined with an 11-base iris for stunning bokeh, the smooth control iris ring (for video) provides precise control over adjusting exposure.
The new lens fills the void in the hybrid lens market by providing professional photographers with the desired quality for both still and moving images.
Important characteristics of the RF 24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z:
- Four UD lenses to correct chromatic aberration provide clear, high-contrast photos, and excellent image quality and weather sealing give further durability.
- When filming, use the professional electronic parfocal focus capability and focus breathing suppression to keep a constant field of view.
- Internal zoom action, which keeps the barrel length constant and improves rigging, weather resistance, and operation smoothness
- ‘Auto’ position lock release switch and smooth iris ring action with 32 steps between stops (no clicks).
Filmmakers will have more versatility with the RF 24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z lens’s features thanks to the recently released power zoom adapters. Smooth zoom operation and remote control using the Canon Camera Connect app or EOS Utility are made possible by the power zoom adapters.
In addition, the Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2B features a 20-pin zoom/focus remote connector, which may be used to attach compatible zoom/focus demands for studio or large-scale production scenarios. It is even compatible with the Zoom Servo Grip ZSG-C10 from Canon.
Highlights of the PZ-E2 and PZ-E2B Power Zoom Adapters:
- Designed with an ergonomic grip that makes using the lens pleasant.
- An optional external USB-C power source allows for longer shooting times and quicker zooming.
- Broad telebuttons for seamless zooming in
- Zoom performance may be adjusted with the zoom speed dial.
- The Zoom Servo Grip ZSG-C10 and Canon zoom/focus requirements are compatible with the 20-pin remote connector of the Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2B.
- The lightest, most portable ultra-wide angle zoom lens
With a 10–18mm focal range, this revolutionary lens for ultra-wide angle photography and filmmaking is perfect for travelers, landscape, cityscape, and vlogging fans. It is made for APS-C EOS R System cameras.
With up to 4-stops of optical image stabilization and up to 6-stops when paired with in-body image stabilization, the lens offers exceptional image stabilization2. This makes it possible for videographers and photographers to shoot handheld with assurance, especially in low light. When paired with Movie Digital IS, it performs exceptionally well, making it ideal for content makers who wish to film handheld and expand the frame.
This exceptionally light and compact lens weighs only 150g, making it the ideal travel companion. Because this lens works well for both still images and videos, creators no longer have to make compromises. With its outstanding image quality and performance, it’s ideal for taking beautiful, easy-to-manage ultra-wide-angle photos.
The RF-S 10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM’s salient characteristics are:
- Small and light-weight construction
- Perfect for vlogging, traveling, and landscapes
- Optical picture stabilization up to 4 stops and 6-stops when paired with in-body image stabilization2.
- Excellent compatibility with APS-C cameras, such as the EOS R10, R50, and R7
- exceptional versatility and image quality
- The telephoto zoom lens with the furthest reach3.
The full-frame super telephoto zoom lens RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM is poised to transform the field of wildlife and sports photography. It is the furthest reaching telephoto zoom lens for the RF mount3, with an amazing maximum telephoto focal length reach of 800mm, compared to a maximum of 600mm from others now on the market.
Its water and dust seals allow it to resist harsh conditions, giving photographers the ability to take amazing pictures in any setting, giving it unparalleled versatility.
This lens, made for photographers who like to push the boundaries of their craft, is perfect for getting the perfect shot from any angle. High-quality photos and movies are produced by its 5.5-stop image stabilization (up to 7.5 stops when combined with EOS R cameras that feature in-body image stabilization4), quick autofocus, wide focal range, and optical design. The zoom also has the ability to bring even tiny subjects into the frame.
For aficionados who wish to push the limits of wildlife and sports photography and capture shots that would not have been feasible in the past, this is the best option.
- The RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM’s salient characteristics are:
- For sports and wildlife photography, this unusual ultra telephoto zoom is a great option for enthusiasts and amateurs alike.
- Optical picture stabilization up to 5.5 stops and 7.5 stops when paired with in-body image stabilization4.
- Nine-blade aperture for quick autofocus, excellent optical design, and lovely backdrop rendering
- weather-resistant to be used in inclement weather