JWH Initiative: Inviting Young People from Developing Countries
The Joke Waller-Hunter JWH Initiative is currently inviting applicants for its grant program. The mission of the JWH Initiative is to provide an accessible and tailored small grant for education and training of individuals who are nominated by their organisation as potential future leaders.
In order to promote lasting change towards a more sustainable world the environmental movement is in constant need of inspirational and skilful leadership. Young people working for environmental CSOs, especially in developing countries, often have few opportunities to develop leadership skills due to a lack of resources for schooling, training or practical learning.
JWH Initiative creates opportunities for young people in the environmental sector in developing countries to unfold their full potential. By giving small grants to individuals to expand their knowledge, experience and training, the Initiative aims to strengthen environmental Civil Society Organisations capacity and efficiency.
The following grants are available per round:
- 10 grants of 2.500 Euro
- 4 grants of 5.000 Euro
- 2 grants of 7.000 Euro
- Candidates should be young people who work or are affiliated with environmental CSO’s in developing countries and emerging economies.
- Candidates should have shown potential for an interest in further developing their leadership.
- Candidates can come from anywhere except from ‘advanced economies’.
- Preference will be given to young women and men under 35 of age.
- Candidates should have proof of an excellent track record in:
- fully embracing the idea of sustainable development;
- a strong background in working on environmental and sustainable development issues;
- showing potential and ambition towards becoming a leader in her/his field of work, such as being inspirational and a support to others, working with communities, being innovative and creative;
- committed to work on environmental and sustainable development issues in their country/region.
- The candidate should be willing and have the potential to report on the development of their leadership capacities.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the nomination form via given website.
For more information, visit JWH Initiative.
Deadline: 1 September 2018