Innovate Now has helped to launch 21 African assistive tech ventures over four acceleration cycles. African start-ups receive mentorship, learning and expert guidance over a 3-6 month period to create market fit, scalable and investable Assistive Technologies (AT).
A partnership between Global Disability Innovation Hub (GDI Hub), ICT Norway and Norad to recruit the next generation of cutting-edge disability innovators to drive Africa as a technology powerhouse. Building on AT2030 funding by UK aid, Innovate Now’s next phase will focus on Digital AT and Entrepreneurship.
Increasingly AT is digital, or requires digital capabilities. Digital AT are frontier technologies supporting the full inclusion of persons with disabilities. We are looking for innovation-driven startups who are improving access to assistive technology through digital means or offering digital assistive technology solutions across education, healthcare, livelihoods and other sectors.
- Active learning. A programme of learning centred around user, market, product and business development
- Mentorship. Hands on mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs, product developers and disability experts
- Live labs. Clinical partners to help you understand, validate and test AT products and services with disabled individuals
- Events. Entrepreneur keynotes showcase the realities, success and challenges of venture building
- Demo day. Pitch to a panel of judges, and an audience of investors, entrepreneurs and leaders in AT.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Innovate Now Africa Assistive Technology Accelerator . Application Deadline: August 15, 2022