Application Deadline: April 3rd, 2022
A film documentary can be used to change or improve society in some way by bringing to light certain causes or injustices – violent practices and abuses – with the hope to help galvanize the communities to change certain attitudes and perceptions. It can also be used to encourage dialogue across different groups of people. The CTIP themed short film competition is established to leverage the power of media to inspire and motivate people, move past walls of deep-seated values and beliefs, tap into human emotions- hearts and minds, open pathways for deep and authentic conversations and impact cultural roots.
- Filmmakers should be Nigerian Nationals.
- Age Limit: 18 – 35 years.
- Submission is acceptable from Individuals, groups, or organizations
- Maximum submission entry is two – 5mins and 60secs trailer
- The short film can be produced in any Nigerian language (Pidgin English, Hausa, Igbo & Yoruba) with provision for English sub-title
- The short film must not include copyrighted images, video, or music.
- The winner shall be chosen on the basis of short film video quality, audio sync, creativity, uniqueness, originality, and alignment with the country’s context.
- A diverse panel of judges will select the top three finalists whose work will be premiered at an event with guests from the private, public, and development sectors. The final short films will also be published on various social media platforms, widely circulated, and heavily promoted to the general public to increase awareness and understanding of TIP.
- All entries will be considered and streamlined based on how well they meet the criteria. Then, share it with the jury for further scrutiny. The jury will make individual decisions and select the top three short films based on the quality and merit of the submissions. Management will then review and make a decision on the winning CTIP themed short film.
Cash Prize of N1, 000,000 + a 6-month retainer contract to develop short films for other programmes within the organization + other LEAP Africa branded merchandize and other consolation prizes.
- A Storyboard and written script for both short films (Microsoft Word)
- A 15 minutes or less short film – MP4 or MOV formats; Video size: 720P (1280×720)
- A 60secs long abridged version of the short film – MP4 or MOV formats; Video size: 720P (1280×720)
- Script rationale – Explaining the short film concept in not more than 300 words
- Participants must: follow @leapafrica, @palladium across all social media platforms. Not adhering to this might lead to disqualification.
For More Information: