Application Deadline: September 15, 2021.
In order to enhance and promote investigative journalism on the African continent, the three networks of African journalists – the Norbert Zongo Center (CNP-NZ), the Norbert Zongo Unit for investigative journalism in Africa Ouest (CENOZO) and the Franco-African platform Médias & Democracy (M&D) – are launching this annual PAJI-NZ Prize exclusively dedicated to investigative journalism in Africa. For this edition, the awards ceremony will take place in Ouagadougou on November 12 and 13, 2021.
The prize will be an opportunity to reward:
- 2 or 3 winners in each of the following four categories: Written press / Web media / Radio / Television
- 1 laureate of the PAJI d’or 2021.
- The Norbert Zongo National Press Center (CNP-NZ), the Norbert Zongo Unit for Investigative Journalism in West Africa (CENOZO) and the Franco-African Media & Democracy (M&D) platform are pleased to announce the launch of the: Norbert Zongo African Prize for Investigative Journalism (PAJI-NZ).
- Since 2007, the Norbert ZONGO Prize has been awarded to the best investigative journalists in Africa, on the occasion of the International Festival of Freedom of Expression and Press (FILEP) which is held every two years in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. Faso.
- In 2021, this award opens up to a partnership with CENOZO,
the network of investigative journalists from West Africa and M&D, Médias & Démocratie, a Franco-African NGO platform from civil society and dedicated to training and exchange with journalists from the continent.
- This innovation of PAJI-NZ aims to promote and enhance investigative journalism in Africa, a practice difficult to implement while it is absolutely essential to the democratic transition processes engaged in most countries of the continent.
For More Information: