The Women in Food and Agriculture (WFA) Mentorship Programme application period for 2023 is now open. In 2022, WFA welcomed more than 340 new members from all over the world to help women who wanted to advance their professions in the food and agriculture industry.
They are expanding the program’s reach this year! Everyone is welcome to contribute to shaping the future for women, from farmers to CEOs, scientists to AgTech. You can join us by either finding a mentor to assist with your professional and personal development or by offering your services as a mentor to the upcoming generation of business leaders. You might support the expansion of gender diversity in the food and agriculture sector by participating with them for just one hour each month.
Eligibility for Mentors
You don’t have to be a senior executive or a woman to participate! They will make sure that you have more experience than your mentee and are searching for individuals from diverse levels and backgrounds to offer views and direction.
Mentor candidates ought to:
- Take time to listen.
- Be a sincere, affable person who is eager to impart his or her knowledge.
- possess at least one year of experience working in the ag and food industries
- Be able to set up an hour each month to communicate with your opponent.
- ideally have some experience in management or leadership
Eligibility for Mentees
Women who work in the agri-food sector or are considering a career there make up the mentee population. All professions and educational levels are welcome, and they will make sure that your mentor has the knowledge necessary to provide you wise advice.
Candidates for mentees should be:
- a capable listener
- Someone who is trustworthy, open, and ready to receive criticism and assistance from a senior professional in the field
- a person who is willing to meet with a mentor for an hour each month
- Click here to apply