SDGs & Her
In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries endorsed 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future we want in 2030″.
SDGs & Her is an online competition for women micro-entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the SDGs through their business operations.
Winners will receive leadership training, mentoring and will be flown to New York City in September 2018 to participate in a side event at the United Nations General Assembly where they will showcase their achievements.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a woman owner of a micro-enterprise business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- Employ at least 1 and no more than 9 full-time staff (or equivalent)
- Have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales under USD $100,000
Entries will be accepted through June 30, 2018. To enter click here
If you have technical difficulty with registration contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The World Bank Group with partnership of Wharton School’s Zicklin Center for Business Ethics Research, UN Development Programme (UNDP) and UN Women is seeking applications for its “SDGs & Her Competition for Women Entrepreneurs”.
In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries signed on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future they want in 2030”.
The objectives of the initiative are to:
- recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
- increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
- collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
- The top winners will be recognized in September, 2018 at an event on the margins of the 2018 UN General Assembly High-Level Week in New York.
- The stories of the winning women entrepreneur (and many other notable entries) will be shared through partners’ social media and websites.
- be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
How to Apply
Connect with Us