Nigerian stocks lost the majority of their gains from yesterday today, as the benchmark index fell 0.49% to settle at 51,448.53 points. The year-to-date (YTD) return decreased as a result to 0.39%, and the market capitalization decreased by N137.17 billion to close at N28.02 trillion. The decrease in telco heavyweight AIRTELAFRI (-4.29%) was the main factor contributing to the market’s loss.
The value of transactions increased by 182.12% today indicating that trade turnover settled higher than it had the previous session. In 4,184 transactions, 337.27 million shares worth N8.20 billion were swapped.
With 151.39 million units traded, FBNH (+0.00%) dominated the volume chart, while BUACEMENT (+0.00%) headed the value chart with transactions totaling 2.92 billion.
At a ratio of 1.23 to 1, the market breadth closed in the positive, with more rising issues than declining ones. On the gainer’s table, MBENEFIT (+7.14%) outperformed fifteen (15) rivals, while NEM (-10.00%) outperformed twelve (12) rivals.
NGX Market Indices
- NGX ASI: 51,446.6 points
- Previous ASI: 51,693.08points
- Percentage Day Change: 0.47%
- Y-T-D: 0.28%
NGX Market Capitalization: N28.02 Trillion
- Volume: 345.4 million
- Value: N8.2billion
- Deals: 4,184
NGX Top ASI gainers
- THOMASWY up + 9.43% to close at N1.16
- MBENEFIT up + 7.14% to close at N0.30
- ACADEMY up + 5.65% to close at N1.31
- LASACO up + 4.44% to close at N0.94
- CHAMS up + 4.35% to close at N0.24
NGX Top ASI losers
- NEM down – 10.00% to close at N4.05
- CHELLARAM down – 9.90% to close at N1.82
- CHAMPION down – 9.58% to close at N4.34
- CORNERST down – 6.67% to close at N0.56
- HONYFLOUR down – 4.96% to close at N2.30
NGX Top 3 by Volume
- FBNH – 151,387,974
- BUACEMENT– 30,458,503
- ZENITHBANK – 25,459,183
NGX Top 3 by Value
- BUACEMENT – N2,919,560,060
- FBNH– N1,696,960,422
- NESTLE – N1,019,395,554