Nigerian stocks completed the week on a high note despite the erratic performance, as the All-Share index closed 1.04% stronger to settle at 48,154.65 points, the highest level since 5 October. Gains in telco powerhouses MTNN (+2.33%) and AIRTELAFRI (+2.62%) propelled the whole index into positive territory. The ASI closed 1.26% higher week-over-week, marking its third straight weekly increase, after rising in two (2) of the five (5) trading sessions this week.
The value of the stock market was N26.2 trillion as of Friday’s market close. The stock market has increased by 5438.21 basis points, or 12.73%, since the beginning of the year.
The selloffs in BUACEMENT (-2.53% w/w) and STANBIC (-0.33% w/w) throughout the week were more than compensated by the good performances of AIRTELAFRI (+2.62% w/w), MTNN (+4.76% w/w), and ZENITHBANK (+3.88% w/w). The year-to-date (YTD) return increased to 12.73% as a result, and the market capitalization increased by $326.98 billion weekly to close at $26.23 trillion.
The value of transactions increased by 77.45%% today, according to an analysis of market activity, indicating that trade turnover settled higher than it had the previous day. In a total of 3,080 transactions, 159.83 million shares worth £5.05 billion were swapped. While MTNN (+2.33%) led the value chart with trades totaling 3.19bn, FBNH (+0.00%) dominated the volume chart with 47.95m units exchanged.
At a ratio of 1.36 to 1, the market breadth closed in the positive, with more rising issues than declining ones. WEMABANK (+9.94%) outperformed 18 additional participants on the leader’s table, while ACADEMY (-9.35%) outperformed 13 additional participants on the laggard’s log.
- NGX ASI: 48.154.65 points
- Previous ASI: 47,656.64 points
- Percentage Day Change: 1.04%
- % Y-t-D: 12.73%
Market Cap (N): N 26,228 trillion
- Volume: 159.8 million
- Value: N5.04 billion
- Deals: 3,080
Top ASI gainers
- THOMASWY up +10.00% to close at N0.44
- WEMABANK up +9.94% to close at N3.43
- ARDOVA up + 9.71% to close at N15.25
- PZ up +9.55% to close at N10.90
- NEIMETH up +9.45% to close at N1.39
Top ASI losers
- ACADEMY down – 9.35 % to close at N1.26
- JAPAULGOLD down – 6.90% to close at N0.27
- NASCON down – 6.54% to close at N10.00
- GEREGU down – 5.68% to close at N122.80
- CORNERST down – 4.00% to close at N0.48
Top 3 by Volume
- FBNH – 47,952,376
- MTNN – 14,513,544
- FCMB – 13,367,300
Top 3 by Value
- MTNN- N3,185,978,133
- FBNH – N536,961,847
- AIRTELAFRI – N443,745,815