The 12th Nigeria Aviation Award, along with the customary Cabin Crew Contest for crowning the Nigeria King and Queen of the Air, will take place at the NIGAV Center Murtala Mohammed International Lagos beginning on January 28, 2023, according to a statement from Mr. Fortune Idu, Chairman of the Nigeria Aviation (NIGAV) Centre with the theme, “The beginning of a new era”
According to Idu, the theme will aid the industry in evaluating its accomplishments over the previous year, provide a scorecard of the sector in 2022, and get participants ready for 2023.
In an event that promises to be exciting and entertaining a total of fifty awards together with the Aviation Year Annual Report. The annual report will be highlighting the industry’s ground-breaking accomplishments for future reference and guidance.
Idu asserts that the aviation industry requires the NIGAV award as a performance monitoring indicator to keep its services in accordance with consumers’ expectations and with generally recognized norms.
To make the selection as genuine as possible, the organizing committee started the nomination process with a request for nominations, which would be followed by an online voting procedure.
According to the Nigerian Civil Aviation authority, NCAA, ” Nigeria has twenty (20) airports and many regulated airstrips and heliports; 23 active domestic airlines; 554 licensed pilots; 913 licensed engineers and 1700 cabin personnel. Nigeria being Africa’s most populous country is an important destination for over 22 foreign carriers. Nigeria currently has Bilateral Air Services Agreements with over 78 countries.”
Other participants and stakeholders in the aviation sector includes:
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Nigeria
- Federal Ministry of Transport and Aviation
- Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria
- Nigerian Airspace Management Agency
- Accident Investigation Bureau
- Nigerian College of Aviation Technology
- Nigerian Meteorological Agency
- Air Operators of Nigeria (AON)
- Aviation handling companies
- Aviation catering companies
- Travelling Agencies
- Aviation suppliers and contractors
- Aviation Fuel Marketing and Supply Companies
- Aircraft Manufacturers and Suppliers
- International Civil Aviation Organization