The NGX All-Share Index increased by 0.55% to close at 51,729.87 points on Wednesday with the year-to-date (YTD) return increasing to 0.93%, and the market capitalization increasing by N153.24 billion to close at N28.18 trillion. Since the beginning of 2023, the Nigeria stock market has advanced by 134.21 basis points or 0.26%.
Trade turnover ended up being lower than it was yesterday with a 0.55% decrease in transaction value. 3,679 transactions involving 281.94 million shares worth N8.16 billion were traded.
Gains in ZENITHBANK (+0.21%), GTCO (+1.48%), and FBNH (+0.45%) as well as index heavyweight BUACEMENT (+3.59%) propelled the overall index into positive territory. With 108.93 million units exchanged, FBNH (+0.45%) headed the volume chart, while BUACEMENT (+3.59%) led the value chart with transactions totaling 4.07 billion.
Positive market breadth was recorded at a ratio of 2.33 to 1, with more rising issues than declining ones. Twenty (20) other participants followed CHAMPION (+9.45%) on the gainer’s table, while WAPIC (-6.67%) led eight other participants on the laggard’s log.
NGX Market Indices
- NGX ASI: 51,729.87 points
- Previous ASI: 51,446.6 points
- Percentage Day Change: 0.55%
- Y-T-D: 0.26%
NGX Market Capitalization: N28.18 Trillion
- Volume: 281.9million
- Value: N8.1 billion
- Deals: 3,679
NGX Top ASI gainers
- THOMASWY up + 9.48% to close at N1.27
- CHAMPION up + 9.45% to close at N4.75
- FTNCOCOA up + 7.69% to close at N0.28
- MBENEFIT up + 6.67% to close at N0.32
- COURTVILLE up + 6.52% to close at N0.49
NGX Top ASI losers
- CHELLARAM down – 9.89% to close at N1.64
- ROYALEX down – 7.41% to close at N1.00
- WAPIC down – 6.67% to close at N0.42
- MANSARDT down – 6.54% to close at N2.00
- RTBRISCOE down – 3.57% to close at N0.27
NGX Top 3 by Volume
- FBNH – 108,925,382
- BUACEMENT– 42,392,752
- GTCO – 33,984,613
NGX Top 3 by Value
- BUACEMENT – N4,073,210,056
- FBNH– N1,220,581,344
- GTCO – N810,043,984