World Leprosy Day 2022: United for Dignity
World Leprosy Day (WLD) is celebrated on the last Sunday of January. In 2022, World Leprosy Day is 30 January. This international day is an opportunity to celebrate people who have experienced leprosy, raise awareness of the disease, and call for an end to leprosy-related stigma and discrimination.
The “United for Dignity” campaign calls for unity in honoring the dignity of people who have experienced leprosy. The campaign honors the lived experiences of individuals who have experienced leprosy by:
- sharing their empowering stories and
- advocating for mental wellbeing and the right to a dignified life free from disease-related stigma.
- Together we can lift up every voice and honor the experiences of people who have experienced leprosy.
- People who experience leprosy face mental wellbeing challenges due to stigma, discrimination, and isolation.
- People who experience leprosy have the right to a dignified life free from disease-related stigma and discrimination.
World Leprosy Day takes place on 30 January 2022*.
#United4Dignity #EndStigma #MentalWellbeing #BeatLeprosy