Deadline: 20 July 2018
The African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) is seeking proposals for its World Aids Day 2018 that offer grants to African women’s organisations and groups to support activities addressing the impact of HIV and AIDS across women’s life cycles.
AWDF encourage applications addressing HIV and AIDS with a focus on young women and or older African women as well as on inter-generational exchange and mobilising.
Grant Size & Period
The grant size is a US$2,000. Therefore, eligible projects should have a budget of not more than US$2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds. The grant period will be for 4 months from the date of award.
Projects may include activities that;
- Address the interrelation between violence and HIV and AIDS across women’s lifecycles
- Build the confidence of young women to negotiate for safer sex
- Increase young women’s knowledge to take preventive measures against HIV and AIDS infection and reinfection
- Sets the agenda for addressing the drivers causing HIV and AIDS infection among young people
- Promote HIV and AIDS programming for older women
- Educate older women living with HIV and AIDS and the community on ageing with HIV and AIDS
- Encourage young women and older women to take leadership in HIV and AIDS issues
- Hold duty bearers accountable for addressing HIV and AIDS issues
- Promote intergenerational dialogues between young and older women living with HIV and AIDS
- Use technology, arts, culture and sports to create awareness around HIV and AIDS issues
- Must have been in existence for at least 3 years
- Must be duly registered, at least with its local government structure
- Must be led by a woman and have a focus on Women’s Rights
- Must have the needed organisational structures for effective implementation of the project
- Must have an appreciable financial management system to properly account for funds received
- Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
- Must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF or the local government office
- Must complete the necessary application forms
- Must have an annual budget not more than $100,000
How to Apply
Interested small sized women’s rights organisations should send their proposals via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit World Aids Day 2018.Share this Post
Connect with Us