Application Deadline: 14 March 2022.
Are you a small business trying to change the world? This year is your time ‘to take a chance, a leap of faith. Food Lover’s Market is looking for social entrepreneurs making an impact to join the Seeds of Change Supplier development programme 2022.
Food Lover’s Market is interested in social enterprises that fit into the fresh produce and food retail environments. The retailer intends to prioritise applications from businesses that will add value to the Food Lover’s Market shopping experience. These include smallholder farmers, freight businesses, commercial services, and produce and products that sit within in-store departments such as bakery, confectionery, groceries and liquor.
Some of the requirements to apply include:
- The business should be operational for 12 months.
- The business should show financial stability.
- The business should have a business Plan showcasing successful implementation.
- The top ten will be announced on 19 April 2022 and will attend a four-day Bootcamp between 9 and 12 May 2022.
- In this Bootcamp, they will receive the guidance, mentorship and necessary skills to market their business.
- They will also be exposed to a macro view of the global and South African retail landscape – including trends, challenges and opportunities within the sector.
- The top ten businesses will then do a final “Fertile Ground” pitch to the Food Lover’s Market board on 13 May 2022 – the successful applicant will be announced on the same day.
Seeds of Change will be facilitated by the Social Enterprise Academy (SEA), who are the foremost specialist learning and development organisation supporting social change organisations in South Africa. With a proven track record globally, SEA has extensive experience of social enterprise models from South Africa and around the world.
- Interested businesses can apply online – applications open on 07 February 2022 and close on 14 March 2022.
- Once applications close, the top twenty will be selected and will attend a two-day workshop on 8 and 9 April 2022, which will give them a taste of the retail experience and what will be required to become part of the supplier network.
For More Information: