Google Cloud and SAP are coming together to help address the challenge of global demand for resources and host a social entrepreneurship contest “ Circular Economy 2030 ” for a sustainable future. If you believe business can catalyze positive change, this is your opportunity to spark a sustainable revolution.
What Organization is looking for?
- Original idea: Creativity is key. They want to see new ideas with the potential to impact any aspect of the global economy — from efficient resources and energy use to sustainable infrastructure and green job creation.
- Business model: Viable business model- They like the nitty-gritty details. Submit a well-researched proposal that describes the problem, proposes a solution, and demonstrates a clear capability for generating revenue.
- Potential impact: Applicants share their vision for a sustainable world. Articulate how their idea and model will foster a circular economy and help them achieve SDG 12 by 2030.
- Technical innovation: Synthesize and scale applicants idea with Google Cloud and SAP. Outline how they plan to use data analytics, machine learning, and/or supply chain management tools to achieve their vision.
- Four of five finalists will receive:
- $25,000 (USD) in funding
- Google Cloud for Startups: Spark Package (includes $20,000 USD in Google Cloud credits)
- SAP product access
- 1:1 mentorship
- From the finalists, one grand prize winner will receive:
- $100,000 (USD) in funding
- Google Cloud for Startups: Surge Package (includes $100,000 USD in Google Cloud credits)
- SAP product access
- 1:1 mentorship
- Google Cloud for Startups Bootcamp
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and a social entrepreneur. This can be an owner or a leader of a social enterprise, or someone who’s looking to jumpstart their idea.
- Members of nonprofits or community-based organizations are welcome to apply too.
- Applicants must apply as an individual, not as an organization or corporate entity.
- Applicants must be over the age of majority in the country in which they reside.
- Applicants must not be a government employee or official.
- Applicants must be based in a country where Google Cloud Platform and SAP solutions are available.
- Applicants must not be: (i) resident in Brazil, Quebec, Italy, Mexico, (ii) resident of a US embargoed
country, (iii) ordinarily resident in a US embargoed country, (iv) otherwise prohibited by applicable
export controls and sanctions programs as not eligible to participate in the Contest; or (v) a
resident in any country that has become, or during the Contest does become, subject to the United
States Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions.
- Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of the Sponsors or their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and the respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents of any of the above (“Covered Entities”) are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
- If applicants are entering the Contest due to their affiliation as part of a company or employer, these rules are binding on them, individually, and on their employer. If they are acting within the scope of their employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, they warrant that such party has full knowledge of their actions and has consented thereto, including the licenses they grant and their potential receipt of a prize.
- Applicants further warrant that their actions do not violate their employer’s or company’s contracts, policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Deadline: 17 March 2019
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit https://cloud.google.com/circular-economy-2030/#challenge