The Financial Times and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, have launched the sixth edition of the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards.
The 2019 Awards include a new, special category on harnessing technology for people with disabilities, supported by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The new category was announced by World Bank CEO Kristalina Georgieva at the Global Disability Summit organised by DFID in July 2018.
The important role of cities in driving progress in sustainable development is highlighted in a revamped category focused on Urban Infrastructure.
- Transformational Solutions in Urban Infrastructure
- Transformational Solutions in Food, Water and Land
- Transformational Solutions in Health, Wellness and Disease Prevention
- Transformational Solutions in Education, Knowledge and Skills
- Special Award: Innovating for Disability
The winners of the following Overall Awards will be selected by their esteemed judging panel from those short-listed for the above core categories:
- Overall Award: Excellence in Disruptive Technologies
- Overall Award: Excellence in Climate Solutions
- Overall Award: Excellence in Transformational Finance
- Overall Award: Excellence in Transformational Business
The winner in each category will be announced at a special dinner in London on 13 June 2019. The dinner will be preceded by the FT/IFC Transformational Business Conference, a major gathering of thought leaders who will explore and debate the issues generated by the Awards.
- If applicants entry is short-listed in one of the awards categories:
- Applicants organisation and the initiative that has been short-listed will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- Applicants will be invited to attend the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards dinner, where the winners in each category will be announced.
- All short-listed entries are presented in detail at the Awards dinner before the winners are revealed. applicants will also be able to network with other organisations short-listed for the awards.
- If the judging panel selects their entry as a winner in one of the categories:
- Applicants organisation and the award-winning initiative will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- A summary of their entry will be featured on the Awards website
- The programme is open to all financial and non-financial private sector organisations. Start-ups with innovative solutions and a clear roadmap to financial sustainability are encouraged to apply.
- Productive sector companies, investment institutions, and advisory firms involved in projects addressing key challenges in urbanisation, technology and sustainability with respect to developing economies, including:
- Infrastructure developers
- Energy companies
- Engineering companies
- Technology companies
- Healthcare providers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Design houses
- Pension funds
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Life insurance companies
- Private equity firms
- Investment banks
- Fund managers
How to Apply
Deadline: 15 March 2019
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://live.ft.com/Events/FT-IFC-Transformational-Business-Awards-2019Share this Post
Connect with Us