Deadline: 16 June 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for Plural+ 2019 which is a youth video festival that encourages and empowers global youth to explore the pressing social issues of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia and to share their creative vision with the world.
PLURAL+ is a joint initiative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) with the support of a wide network of international partners.
View Sample Proposals
Join Premium and gain access to thousands of Proposals from Successful Grantees
PLURAL+ winners get a chance to come to New York all expenses paid and to present their work during the annual PLURAL+ Awards Ceremony in early November 2019, which is attended every year by a diverse, global audience (United Nations employees, media professionals, representatives of civil society organizations, academics, etc.). In addition, PLURAL+ winning videos gain international exposure and PLURAL+ winners get the opportunity to meet and network with a multitude of professionals, peers, and organizations and to explore opportunities for further distribution and dissemination of their work.
- The PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival (here in after referred to as “PLURAL+”) is open to young people of all nationalities with a keen interest in the pressing social issues of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be at most 25 years old at the time of the production of their videos.
- PLURAL+ is organized into three age categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old and
- 18 to 25 years old.
- While the people appearing in the video do not have to be young, it is imperative that the video reflects the thoughts and opinions of the young filmmaker about migration, diversity, social inclusion, and xenophobia. The person submitting the video (“the entrant”) must be actively involved in its making; e.g. either as a director, writer, camera person, editor, actor, coordinator, etc.
- Immediate family members of staff members of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC), the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and members of the PLURAL+ International Jury are not eligible to enter the competition.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://pluralplus.unaoc.org/Share this Post
Connect with Us