A big component of the African revolution will be played by young African women leaders, which is the goal of the WIA Young Leaders initiative.
The WIA Young Leaders 2023 initiative, created in collaboration with Dior, the world’s leading digital player Huawei Northern Africa, investment bank Lazard in France, audit and consulting firm KPMG France, and the multinational multi-energy corporation TotalEnergies, is now in its third iteration. WIA and its partners continue to promote and spotlight young African women leaders who are tasked with being iconic players in Africa’s economic progress after two successful initial editions.
Any young African women who support the development of a creative, vibrant, and inclusive Africa are encouraged to apply.
- Women between the ages of 25 and 40 (flexibility possible depending on experience level)
- Being of African descent or having parents who are African-born
- Involvement in the continent’s growth and social responsibility
- Leadership qualities (humility, empathy and resilience)
- Those with “self-made” backgrounds will receive special consideration.
- Future-oriented vision for Africa.
- A readiness to balance ethical corporate practices, social impact, and public and private discussion.
- Highest level of responsibility-taking capacity.
- Excellent persuasion abilities and a desire for partnership.
- Ideally bilingual, Francophone, and Anglophone.
There will be two stages to the selection procedure:
- 12 pre-finalists were chosen based on the files.
- the jury’s interview with the 10 chosen leaders
- Benefits: This year, 10 leaders will gain from a customized training course that will emphasize women’s leadership and future-ready abilities. Participants will receive help from well-known mentors and the chance to have an immersive experience through a business trip to a major global economic hub. They will have access to a top-tier professional network, receive training, interact with industry leaders, and gain from great visibility at international events thanks to this trip.
Via the WIA Young Leaders program, you can:
Make connections with influential people and mentors, such as CEOs, ministers, journalists, public figures, and successful businesspeople.
Get mentoring for your profession, media training, board training, and other specialized training.
Gain from exposure to worldwide media
This program, which is a component of the battle for equal chances, enables the training of 10 young African women leaders by providing them with high-quality support throughout their professional careers and social ascents, allowing them to maximize their potential. For More Information visit the official website