The ACT Foundation created the Changemakers Innovation Challenge in response to the amazing work of community NGOs, corporations, and social enterprises in Africa that are employing technology/digital tools to achieve social change in their areas. According to research, most NGOs that use technology/digital tools to drive initiatives and establish communities are advancing in the world and leaving a lasting influence.
The competition is open to African non-profits and social companies that use diverse technology and digital resources to generate creative social solutions. The assistance, which includes financing and training, will allow them to increase their effect within the community where they now operate and beyond.
Requirements for Eligibility
- The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is open to all African non-profits and social enterprises. Businesses who are developing innovations with a social impact may also apply.
- Organizations must propose social innovations that address difficulties in any of the Foundation’s core emphasis areas, which are health, entrepreneurship, the environment, and leadership.
More information about our priority areas and previous winners can be found by clicking here.
- Organizations that have already received financing as winners of the Changemakers Innovation Challenge are ineligible.
- Non-profits and social enterprises must be registered with the government agency in charge of registering organizations in their respective nations.
- All entries must be creative ideas that make significant use of technology or digital systems to drive community impact. Claims must be supported by web links, videos, photographs, and any other internet presence.
- Organizations must be in operation for at least two years.
- All social innovations must be in the early stages of development and have been tested or deployed on direct recipients. Evidence of claim must be presented in the form of photographs, news releases, and so on.
- All social innovations must have been put in place during the last two years.
- The Changemakers Innovation Challenge registration period begins on July 11, 2023 and ends on July 31, 2023.Late entries will not be accepted.
- Only one entry per organization will be accepted. No more revisions will be accepted once an entry has been submitted.
- All submissions for this challenge must be in English.
- There is no application fee, purchase, or payment of any type necessary.
- The top three Changemakers Innovation Challenge winners will receive grant cash to help them scale their creative solutions across several communities. As needed, technical assistance will be provided.
- The winners will be announced and honored at the annual ACT Foundation Breakfast Dialogue in October 2023. For more details, visit www.actrustfoundation.org.
The three Changemakers Innovation Challenge winners will each get a grant. The Award funding will be used to scale the innovative solutions across other communities. For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the ACT Foundation’s Changemakers Innovation Challenge 2023. Deadline: 31st July 2023