Applications are now open for the 28th BBC World Service International Radio Playwriting Competition.
The global competition, hosted by BBC World Service and the British Council, offers the unique opportunity for writers to use the medium of audio drama to tell stories for an international audience.
BBC World Service is looking for entries in the two categories: English As A First Language and English As A Second Language. Two writers will win an invitation to attend an award ceremony in London and will get the remarkable opportunity to see their plays being recorded for broadcast and streaming on BBC World Service. A Special Commendation will be made for a runner-up in honour of the BBC World Service journalist and writer Georgi Markov (1929-1978).
The two winners can come from either category and there will also be regional winners named to showcase the best writing from across the globe.
- « The Cash Prize »: £2,500 sterling (or the equivalent in a local currency at the BBC’s discretion)
- « The Trip »: a trip to London (standard airfare and accommodation for one person) to see the winning play being recorded and attend a prize-giving event
Entries must be submitted in one of the following ways:
• By post to the following address: International Playwriting Competition 2023, BBC Radio Drama, Room 6015 BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA, United Kingdom
• online at https://www.bbc.co.uk/send/u21134593 by completing the online form
• by email to the following email address: email@example.com
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the BBC World Service International Play Writing Competition 2023 Application Deadline: 12 February 2023.