Application Deadline: Varying by Country
is the world’s largest green business ideas competition. Innovation and
invention can lead the way to a clean future. That’s why we create a
stage for the people who have great cleantech ideas and help them
develop those ideas into startups making global impact. ClimateLaunchpad
is part of the Entrepreneurship offerings of Climate-KIC.
To enter the competition submit your idea or innovation with environmental impact. ClimateLaunchpad will help you fast track that idea into a business and bypass all possible pitfalls along the way. You’ll learn how to get your idea funded and launched.
Once you are selected to join ClimateLaunchpad, the
Boot Camp and coaching sessions will help you develop your idea to a
rock-solid plan. You will pitch this during your National Final and the
Regional Finals. The winners of each Regional Final will go on to
compete in the Global Grand Final.
Even if your idea is on the back of a napkin, you’re most welcome to join.
All entries will be reviewed and ideas that fit the bill of our competition get invited to join.
- Anyone with a promising cleantech idea who dreams of becoming an entrepreneur should join.
- You can be a new start-up, SME, researcher, student, public organisation, consultant, engineer, a combination of the above or something that doesn’t fit a job title.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a business plan quite ready
- You have not yet started a business or your company has been incorporated for less than a year (definition: your legal entity does not exist for more than 1 year);
The themes are:
- Adaptation and Resilience
- Circular Economies
- Urban Solutions
- Clean Energy
- Sustainable Mobility
- Food Systems
- Blue Economy
- The Next Big Thing
- Prizes in the National and Regional Finals differ per country and region. Of course, there will also be prizes (cash or in kind) for the Global Grand Final winners. The overall winner of the Global Grand Final receives € 10,000, the runner-up gets € 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins € 2,500.
- The top 16 teams selected by the jury in the semi-finals to perform in the Final Round of the Global Grand Final, will automatically get direct access to the ClimateLaunchpad Accelerator.
Once you’re accepted to join the competition, the games begin:
Step 1: Boot Camp
The top teams chosen by our National leads* take part in the ClimateLaunchpad National programme which kicks off with a multi-day digital Boot Camp. Our trainers will teach you all you need to know about jump-starting your business.
Step 2: Intensive coaching and National Finals
The Boot Camp is followed by a period of intensive coaching. You’ll perfect your pitch, value proposition and business model. After that, you’re ready to rock your National Final where you’ll pitch digitally for a National Jury.
Step 3: Regional Finals
The top teams of each country go to the Regional Finals where they pitch in front of the region’s best and brightest. The crème de la crème are chosen to compete in the digital Global Grand Final.
Step 4: Global Grand Final
The best teams in the world pitch against each other on the international stage. The overall winner of the Global Grand Final receives € 10,000, the runner up gets € 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins € 2,500.
The top 16 teams selected by the jury in the semi-finals to perform in the final round of the Global Grand Final, will automatically get direct access to the Climate-KIC ClimateLaunchpad Accelerator.
On top of that, the 7 Theme winners of the semi-finals (Top 1 of each theme) will win access to the Climate Marketplace Dealstream.
How to Apply:
- You can only enter ClimateLaunchpad in your own country.
- Apply by filling out the application form for which you’ll answer questions like what problem you are solving and what climate impact you expect to make.
- No need for a business plan just yet. We’ll help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.
- Competition Timeline
- Applications open March 1st 2022
- Online Course & Boot Camps April – end June 2022
- National Finals June – mid August 2022
- Regional Finals September 2022
- Global Grand Final Early November 2022
For More Information: