If you wish to be eligible to pitch your project in the upcoming Asia Forum for Climate and Clean Energy Financing, to be held in Singapore in late 2019. Then, please submit your proposal for climate and clean energy projects and businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
Selected projects will receive no-cost coaching by professional consultants and, once they are investment-ready, benefit from PFAN’s Investment Facilitation services.
The coaching support provided through the PFAN Project Development and Financing Initiative for Climate & Clean Energy in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia will help entrepreneurs develop and refine a financially viable and socially and environmentally sustainable business plan, to be employed in subsequent investor outreach. After completing the coaching phase, the projects will receive assistance in terms of financial mobilisation, deal making facilitation and other follow-up support.
- Entrepreneurs looking to initiate or scale-up clean energy or other climate change-related projects and seeking an investment of up to $50 million are invited to apply.
- However, in case of energy access / rural electrification (e.g. clean cook stoves, solar home systems, mini-grids) and climate change adaptation projects, the investment sought can be less, starting at US$500,000.
The project/business must promote or use clean energy and/or climate resilience technologies, products or services, including, but not limited to the following technology areas:
- Distributed & Off-grid Generation
- Energy Storage & Conservation
- Energy Efficiency and Demand Reduction
- Waste to Energy
- Emissions Reduction
- Clean Transport
- Tidal / Ocean
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Energy Products from Forestry
- Agriculture and agribusinesses
- Rural Electrification & Energy Access
- Productive use of Clean Energy
- Ecosystem Services
- Urban & Peri-Urban Development
- Water & Sanitation
This call for proposals is open to projects to be implemented in low- and middle-income countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
How to Apply
Deadline: 24 January 2019
All submissions are to be made online via given website.
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Côte D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam.
- Central Asia and Eastern Europe: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine.
For more information, please visit http://pfan.net/event/call-for-proposals-for-climate-clean-energy-projects-in-sub-saharan-africa-and-asia/