The EdTech Evidence for Entrepreneurs course is for Africa-based EdTech innovators and entrepreneurs who want to ensure their EdTech products use the best available evidence for how to improve teaching and learning outcomes.
Supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Jacobs Foundation, and UK Aid, the course is intended to help you improve your EdTech product by offering practical, evidence-based lessons from fellow entrepreneurs , industry experts, and education leaders.
You are eligible to apply for the EdTech Evidence for Entrepreneurs cohort-based courses if…
- You are developing or have developed an EdTech product or service for primary-level teachers and learners in sub Saharan Africa. You might have your own company or work inside an organisation where you are leading the development of the EdTech product or service.
- You are based in East Africa (Cohort 1: Sept. 22, 2022 – Nov. 4, 2022), West Africa (Cohort 2: Jan. 16 – Feb. 24, 2023 ), or Southern Africa (Cohort 3: March 20 – April 28, 2023 )
- You are eager and available to actively participate in the course with peers and experts for 5-10 hours per week during the six-week session for your region.
- You have professional proficiency in English (both written and spoken)
- You are at least 18 years of age
Option 1: Cohort-based course with coaching
We will facilitate four cohort-based online courses in 2022 – 2023. Each cohort will have approximately 40 participants and run for 6 weeks. There will be an application process for each cohort. Benefits of the cohort-based course include:
- Facilitated journey through the course content
- Additional interactive, live masterclass sessions with experts
- Facilitated peer learning among the cohort
- One-to-one coaching sessions with experts to talk about your product
- Eligibility to receive a micro-grant to support evidence building and capacity development for your EdTech product
The application for the East Africa cohort-based course (Sept. 26 – Nov. 4) is OPEN. The application period for the first cohort will close August 18. Start your application process here: EdTech Evidence for Entrepreneurs application form
Option 2: Self-guided course
For those who are not eligible for the cohort, we encourage you to access the course content and explore it through the alternative self-guided course format. The text and video course content will be freely available online. Online content will be accessible by anyone at any time and they can study at their own pace.
- Both the self-guided course and the cohort-based coach are offered FREE of charge.
- The cohort-based course is available by application only and each cohort will have roughly 40 participants who will need to commit to engaging in all course activities.
The cohort-based courses will run as follows:
|Cohort 1||Eastern Africa||Sept. 26 – Nov. 4, 2022(6 weeks)|
|Cohort 2||Western Africa (Anglophone)||Jan. 16 – Feb. 24, 2023(6 weeks)|
|Cohort 3||Southern Africa||March 20 – April 28, 2023(6 weeks)|
|Cohort 4||A thematic cohort TBD based on demand||May 22 – June 30, 2023(6 weeks)|
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the EdTech Evidence for Entrepreneurs course. Application Deadline: August 18, 2022.