She Wins Africa’s first cohort is now accepting applications. She Wins Africa is a program aiming to help women entrepreneurs in Sub-Saharan Africa flourish by providing training, mentorship, and networking opportunities.
She Wins Africa strives to overcome these issues and enhance financing options for female-led enterprises.
She Wins Africa builds on the success of the IFC’s She Wins Arabia program, which has provided training to female entrepreneurs as well as assistance to funds and accelerators throughout the Middle East and North Africa in order to help them better connect with female-owned enterprises.
Women’s empowerment in the private sector is essential to the IFC’s Africa strategy, which supports gender equality and equitable access to employment, assets, and opportunities. IFC provides financial and advisory services to help Africa create an ecosystem for dynamic and inclusive entrepreneurship.
The program will do the following:
- Provide investment ready training and capacity building in business skills to enable women-led enterprises enhance their prospects of obtaining financing.
- Provide capacity building on gender-lens investing for funds and Venture Capital to help expedite investments in women-led companies and enterprises, including 10 startup support groups.
- Capacity development for accelerators and ESOs to support early-stage startup incubation and the establishment of a strong pipeline of investible startups.
- To ease the flow of funding to women-owned firms, organize matchmaking and pitching events between female founders and investors.
Prospective applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Age: 21+
- Female gender
- 1+ years in business
- Headquarters: a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Industry: Agnostic, with technology at the forefront.
- Previous IFC program participants are ineligible to apply.
- English is my first language.
- Participants in She Wins Africa must be available to attend online training sessions and travel to networking events during the following 12 months. Please keep in mind that IFC will only cover your airline and lodging costs for the length of the program.
You will benefit from capacity building, networking, and match-making opportunities with venture capital (VC) firms and private equity (PE) funds that take a gender-lens investment strategy by participating in the She Wins Africa program. You will also compete in pitch competitions to demonstrate your abilities, acquire crucial feedback from possible investors, and gain exposure for your firm.
Women who want to apply may go to the She Wins Africa program page or email email@example.com. For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the IFC She Wins Africa Program 2023 Deadline: September 15, 2023.