Facebook has announced a ₦500m grant to support 781 small businesses in Nigeria, as part of its $100m Global Grants Programme announced earlier this year, which aims to support 30,000 SMBs in over 30 countries. Aimed at stimulating economic recovery following the effects of COVID-19, this will help empower and extend a lifeline to local small business owners who have been most affected.
Application window opens 2pm on 24 August 2020 to 5pm on 04 September 2020.
Implementing partners: The grants will be administered and managed by Deloitte in partnership with FATE Foundation and Afrigrants.
Business eligibility criteria: an applying business must;
-Have between 2 and 50 employees
-Have been in business for over a year
-Have experienced challenges due to COVID-19
-Be in or near a location where Facebook operates
Eligible Locations All locations in Nigeria are eligible.
-Latest annual return (PDF format.)
-Business registration/business license
-Partnership Agreement (if applicable to your business)
-2019 financial statements (PDF format.)
You may be asked to provide further documents at a later stage in the process.
- Facebook is experiencing high levels of applications in Nigeria. If the link above doesn’t work, please check back later to start your grant application.
- You cannot apply on behalf of your business if you are a current government official or relative of a government official. You will be asked to confirm you are not a government official as part of the application form.
- When completing the application form, please consider the following:
- The information you provide will be examined objectively and in a fair manner, with all applicants treated equally.
- When answering a question in a ‘free text’ field, please provide the essential information in a comprehensive but concise manner, adhering to the character limits provided.
- Click on https://web.facebook.com/business/boost/grants?ref=alias
- Scroll down to the how do i apply section, select Nigeria on the where is your business located? dropdown
- Scroll further downwards to click on continue to partner site
- Read through and scroll to the bottom of partner site to click on Apply
- On the application page; answer the eligibility quiz to proceed to the grant application registration page
- Password strength must reach 100% and must be accepted by the password strength checker, else your registration would not go through
- Upon successful registration, you will see “Your registration request has been submitted to the Small Business Grants Programme administrator. It is still waiting approval. Thank you.”
- You should be able to now proceed to finally apply for the grant after your registration has been approved by the programme administrator
All interested/eligible entrepreneurs are advised to put in their best applications in line with the requirements and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all Enquiries