Application Deadline: May 27, 2022
The Women Leadership Academy (WLA), an initiative of the Aga Khan University, aims to enhance women’s leadership and decision-making capacity within civil society.
The programme is funded by Global Affairs Canada and Aga Khan Foundation Canada as part of the Foundations for Health and Empowerment (F4HE) and Foundations for Education and Empowerment (F4EE) grants.
The aims of the academy/course are to:
- Help upcoming women leaders to demonstrate creativity, have ability to communicate their vision, inspire and ignite the passion of their people to achieve the best in a continuously changing environment
- Deliver leadership knowledge, skills, tools, support and networks for the upcoming women leaders
WLA invites applications from young and upcoming women in management or supervisory roles, and with experience in community based organizations in health and education sectors and non-governmental organizations in Kenya and Uganda. The WLA program is divided into five modules and will run for six months. On graduation, a certificate will be awarded followed by enrolment into the alumni program for networking and mentorship.
The Institute for Human Development at the Aga Khan University (IHD)
is pleased to announce a six-month Women Leadership Program targeted at
mid-level female professionals working in Civil Society Organizations in
East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Madagascar and
Mozambique) and Asia, (Pakistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan and India). The program will be delivered as blended-learning modes, with modules delivered online and one in-person session. It will launch in 2 East African countries first, then roll out in phases in the
The program is funded by Global Affairs Canada and Aga Khan Foundation Canada as part of the Foundations for Health and Empowerment (F4HE) and Foundations for Education and Empowerment (F4EE) grants
- Have a minimum of two years post-secondary education
- Aged between 30 – 45 years oldInvolved in women or gender equality organizations activities for at least five years
- Proficient in english
- Can commit to at least four hours a week for the six month duration of the course
- Can commit to five days at the start of the programme and three days at the end of the programme for a full-time engagement
- Willing to participate and take part in Alumni activities
- This is a leadership and mentoring course which is fully funded by Foundations for Health and Empowerment (F4HE) and Foundations for Education and Empowerment (F4EE) grants (funded by GAC and AKFC.).
- There is no cost to the participants or their organizations. AKU will facilitate the participants with equipment and cater for the internet charges.
- Applicants: Please send the completed application form (all three parts on pg. 3-6), one paged motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
- Applications should be received no later than close of business (EAT), May 27th, 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the AKU’s Women Leadership Academy 2022