Our sixth cohort of Mozilla Open Leaders starts in September 2018! We’re looking for Open Leaders to fuel the Internet Health movement by engaging more contributors in their work and connecting with other leaders in the Mozilla community. Apply to be an Open Project Lead today!
The ninth annual MozFest will be held in London Friday October 26 – Sunday October 28. We want you to join us where the web meets world. Come with an idea, leave with a community.
Will you consider submitting a session idea to be a facilitator at MozFest, sharing your work with other advocates for a healthy internet? Your creativity, expertise and contribution to the open web will not only benefit the MozFest community, but also enhance your leadership skills and allow you to contribute to a growing global network.
Read more about MozFest spaces and how your project might fit into one of the five internet health issues (or the youth zone).
Last month, we wrapped up round 5 of Mozilla Open Leaders. From Feb – May, these104 Open Leaders have gone through mentorship and training to apply open practices and build a community of contributors around projects for a healthy Internet.
From the Open Project Spotlight Series:
- The Magic is in the Listening – Interview by @chadsansing with @prefontaine & @retroladybug
- An Open Online Community for People Who Love Parks – Interview with @garciajnatalie & @JeffreyKeefer
- Tackling Threats to Public Data Access with the Endangered Data Week Open Curriculum – Interview by @DainaBouquin with @brandontlocke, @jaheppler, @captain_maybe, and @WorldCatLady
- Getting to Know Mission:Information – Interview by @DainaBouquin with @NucleusATX
- The People’s Roadmap to a Digital New York City – Interview with @lbrennee, @ashleycortez & @bchrobot
- Crowdsourcing WordPress experiences for “healthier” WordPress installations – Interview with @akritiko
- Open hardware in a connected world – Interview with @jurra & @vinay_bhajantri
- Money Talks and So Should We – Interview by @drashtipandya1 with @PocketsChange
- Collecting content by Africans and for Africans – Interview with @justinahinon1
- Adding meaningful connections to open online courses – Interview with @Dilrukshi_ISaC, @HasaraMaithree & @markwhiting
- Helping researchers protect themselves online – Interview by @yoyehudi with @OpenDigSafety
- Who owns your data? – Interview by @chadsansing with @TheSamBurton
- Looking at data flows to reduce resource consumption – Interview by @cmaumet with @ricklupton
- Building an Open-source Ecosystem for Cities – Interview with @bvhme
- This open-source tool will visualize your massive biological datasets – Interview by @yoyehudi with @hollybik
- Open Sourcing DuraCloud: Beyond the License – Interview by @geraldobarros_ with @eeohalloran & Bill
- Internet safety and privacy for women – Interview by @geraldobarros_ with @cyb3113
- Broadband Performance and Internet Measurements Data in Africa – Interview by @geraldobarros_ with @MsKiden
- Open science hardware & software to study bacteria movement – Interview with @alexwastooshort
- Rapid Prototyping, Arduino, and DIY Culture – Interview with @manasvilalwani
- Brain Imaging in the Open – Interview with @emdupre_
- Artificial hearts, mechanical circulatory support, and open source – Interview by @yoyehudi with JoPauls
- This open-source tool shines a light on gender bias – Interview by @Neurosarda with @MollieMarr
- Using open source to visualize gene relationships – Interview by @yoyehudi with @trvinh
- Achieving data literacy through fun and games – Interview by @chadsansing with @EmDohh
- IGNITE scientists to talk about their work – Interview by @marcosvcvital with @GracielleHigino
- Bridging the digital divide – Interview by @chadsansing with @E_V_C_
- Collecting data in the open for social good – Interview with @purplespatula
- Privacy and Anonymity Tutorials for Journalists – Interview with @deimidis
- Talking Data Privacy in a Most-Observed UK City – Interview with @katchooo
- Creating art with open source – Interview with @laurmccarthy
- Sharing a Full Spectrum of Mental Health Stories Online – Interview with @erindcole
- Biological Pathways in the Open – Interview with @xanderpico
- Put Rural Tanzania on the Map – Interview with @jachapman82