The Nigerian Stock Exchange and Henshaw Capital Partners have concluded plans to host the Nigerian Stock Exchange public dialogue on Wednesday September 16 at the Lagos Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island.
The objectives of the dialogue are to:
- Raise awareness of the dynamics between private equity and the stock exchange;
- Examine ‘Listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange’ as an Exit route for Nigerian PE;
- Examine Private Investment in Public Equities (PIPEs);
- Encourage and facilitate more activity between private equity and the Stock Exchange;
- Identify proactive measures to facilitate increased activity between Nigerian Private Equity and the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The dialogue will bring together key stakeholders to:
- Highlight the benefits of listing PE backed companies on the Nigerian Stock Exchange;
- Highlight the benefits of PIPEs;
- Examine the history of PE backed company listings and PIPEs in Nigeria;
- Explore the current regulatory and operational barriers to PE backed listings and PIPEs;
- Identify potential incentives to encourage more PE backed listings and PIPEs; and
- Develop an action plan to encourage more PE backed company listings and PIPEs.
Business owners, entrepreneurs and investors are invited to join industry leaders in this important and insightful discussion and exploration towards a more vibrant Nigerian private equity and public equity transaction landscape.