The UN Global Compact Business & Human Rights Accelerator is a six-month programme activating companies participating in the UN Global Compact across industries and regions. This hands-on programme will help you move from commitment to action on human rights and labour rights through establishing an ongoing human rights due diligence process.
- How to identify your responsibilities in respecting human rights and labour rights, expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- How to establish an ongoing human rights due diligence process in line with international standards
- How to report and communicate on your human rights due diligence journey, including through the Communication on Progress, the annual public disclosure requirement for all UN Global Compact participants
- An understanding of where your company is on their human rights journey
- An assessment of actual and potential adverse human rights impacts and the ability to prioritize action
- The ability to mitigate your human rights impacts, including grievance mechanisms and remedy
- Ways to engage stakeholders on business impacts
- An action plan to advance human rights in your company and beyond
- A network of peers, UN partners and experts to support your human rights journey and work collectively to tackle persistent barriers to human rights due diligence
- A certificate demonstrating completion of programme
Africa Track: The Africa track will bring together companies from across the continent and offer the same curriculum as the in-country track delivered through a series of global and on-demand sessions. Peer-to-peer sessions will focus on regional best practice and case studies.
16 December 2022
(Please check exact dates with your
Global Compact Local Network)
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the UN Global Compact Business & Human Rights Accelerator Program 2023. Application Deadline: 16 December 2022