The Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) is a United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)-led programme, funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF), promoting cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship to address the most pressing climate and environmental challenges.
Climate change is a global challenge requiring urgent action. At the same time, the demand for resources and energy continues to increase, especially in emerging markets and developing economies. The limited deployment of cleantech innovations can restrict a country’s ability to fulfill its low-carbon development potential. Adopting innovative clean technologies is critical for climate action without compromising economic and industrial development.
The programme, aimed at fostering cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems in emerging markets and developing economies, is implemented in collaboration with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
Requirements: Early-stage startups that have the following
- An already developed innovative technology-based product (prototype or an existing solution in the market)
- A solution that falls under any of the following cleantech categories with particular attention to solutions that improve energy access in underserved regions:
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Waste Beneficiation
- Green Buildings
- Advanced Materials and Chemicals
- A well-rounded and committed team with complementary skills.
- The application is open to all Nigerian-based cleantech startups and innovators.
- Access to high-impact capacity building sessions delivered by innovative business and cleantech leaders
- Linkage with mentors and industry experts for targeted advisory support along the journey
- Access to capital through relationship with strategic investors, VC firms, and other financing institutions
- Opportunity to actively contribute to the national and global cleantech innovation ecosystem
- Amplify your impact through National and Global events and showcases
- Opportunity to scale your innovative cleantech solution in Nigeria and beyond through strategic linkages
- Connection with large scale cleantech companies across the globe for possible collaborations
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme 2022. Application Deadline: July 21, 2022