Orange Entrepreneur Club is seeking applications for the 9th edition of its 2019 Orange Social Venture Prize that aims to reward the best innovative and socially responsible business projects in Africa and the Middle East.
The Prize is awarded to three entrepreneurs or startups created less than three years ago that offer high-tech solutions based on mobiles or the Internet to meet the needs of the poorest populations in Africa and the Middle-East. The Award embodies the Group’s values and commitments in the MEA region.
This 9th edition unfolds in two phases: first the candidates participate to a national competition, then an international jury gives a grand prize to the best national winners. At both the national and international step, the viewers of this site can vote to add a name to the jury shortlist.
For the international Grand-Prix awards are the following:
- 1st prize: the payment of an amount of € 25,000 (twenty-five thousand euros).
- 2nd prize: the payment of an amount of € 15,000 (fifteen thousand euros)
- 3rd prize: the payment of an amount of € 10,000 (ten thousand euros).
- Entrepreneurs over the age of 21 and start-ups operating for less than three years can qualify for the Prize.
- There are no nationality requirements.
- The projects must be implemented in one of the following countries in which Orange operates in Africa and the Middle-East, and listed in the Contest Rules.
- The eligible countries are: Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Botswana, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Mali, Guinea Conakry, Guinea Bissau, Madagascar, Niger, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Jordan, Burkina Faso and Sierra Leone.
How to Apply
Deadline: 30 May 2019
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://entrepreneurclub.orange.com/en/social-venture-prize-2019.html