On Monday the 5th of December, 2022, the NGX All-Share Index (ASI) closed 0.24% stronger to conclude at 48,270.23 points, the highest level since October 5th, as Nigerian stocks began the week on a positive note, extending gains from the previous session with gains increased by N63 billion as bulls regained control of the local exchange.
Gains in the industrial heavyweights BUACEMENT (+3.90%) and NB (+2.22%), which countered losses in WAPCO (-1.59%) and Tier-1 banking names ZENITHBANK (-2.42%) and FBNH (-2.23%), were the main drivers of the market’s performance. As a result, the year-to-date (YTD) return increased to 12.96%, and the market capitalization increased by N53.89 billion to close at N26.28 trillion.
A review of today’s market activity revealed that trade turnover was lower than it had been during the previous session, with a decrease in transaction value of 18.69%. In a total of 3,398 transactions, 645.02 million shares worth N4.19 billion were exchanged. The volume was topped by UPDCREIT (+0.00%) value graph based on transactions totaling N1.61 billion and 460.71 million units.
At a 1.15-to-1 ratio, market breadth closed in the positive, with more rising issues than declining ones. GEREGU (-9.85%) outperformed twelve (12) competitors on the laggards log, while GUINNESS (+10.00%) led fourteen (14) other participants on the exchange.
NGX Market Indices
- NGX ASI: 48.270.23 points
- Previous ASI: 48.154.65 points
- Percentage Day Change: 0.24%
- % Y-t-D: 13%
NGX Market Cap (N): N 26,291trillion
- Volume: 645.02 million
- Value: N4.19billion
- Deals: 3,486
NGX Top ASI gainers
- GUINNESS up +10.00% to close at N69.30
- ETERNA up +8.78% to close at N6.44
- ROYALEX up + 8.33% to close at N0.78
- LINKASSURE up +7.50% to close at N0.43
- PRESCO up +6.64% to close at N120.50
NGX Top ASI losers
- GEREGU down – 9.85% to close at N110.70
- SCOA down – 9.43% to close at N0.96
- THOMASWY down – 9.09% to close at N0.40
- RTBRISCOE down – 7.41% to close at N0.25
- LASACO down – 4.49% to close at N0.85
NGX Top 3 by Volume
- FBNH – 83,791,609
- ENITHBANK – 11,505,328
- TRANSCORP – 10,461,174
NGX Top 3 by Value
- FBNH- N921,725,320
- ZENITHBANK – N258,541,944
- GEREGU- N256,576,002