At the close of trading today the All-Share Index increased by 1.89%, representing the month’s largest single-day rise, to close at 51,251.06 points, the highest level since 25 July. The market capitalization of the Nigerian Exchange (NGX) increased by N518 billion.
The value of the stock market was N27.9 trillion as of Friday’s market close. The stock market has increased by 8,534.62 basis points, or 19.9%, so far this year.
A review of today’s market activity revealed that trade turnover was lower than it had been during the previous session, with a 5.06% decrease in transaction value. 3,566 transactions totaling 890.68 million shares worth 7.36 billion pounds were completed.
Gains in AIRTELAFRI (+9.88%), GEREGU (+6.66%), and PRESCO (+10.00%), as investors start to establish positions ahead of the FY 2022 earning season, drove the market as a whole. The ASI closed 3.59% up w/w, its seventh consecutive weekly gain, after rising in each of the five trading days this week.
With 523.93m units exchanged, SOVERENINS (+0.00%) dominated the volume chart, while PRESCO (+10.00%) won the value chart with transactions totaling 1.61bn.
Market breadth ended the day in the negative with a ratio of 1.07 dropping issues to advancing issues. FIDSON (-8.16%) was in first place among fifteen (15) other laggards, while PRESCO (+10.00%) was in first place among fourteen (14) other gainers.
Nigerian Exchange Market Indices
- NGX ASI: 51,251.06 points
- Previous ASI: 50,300 points
- Percentage Day Change: 1.89%
- % Y-t-D: 19.9%
Nigerian Exchange Market Capitalization: N 27.915 trillion
- Volume: 890.6million
- Value: N7.35 billion
- Deals: 3,566
Nigerian Exchange Top ASI gainers
- CAVERTON up + 10.00% to close at N0.99
- PRESCO up + 10.00% to close at N137.50
- AIRTELAFRI up + 9.78% to close at N1635.00
- CWG up + 9.78% to close at N1.01
- MORISON up + 9.60% to close at N2.17
Nigerian Exchange Top ASI losers
- ROYALEX down – 9.40% to close at N1.06
- FIDSON down – 8.16% to close at N9.00
- UACN down – 7.66% to close at N10.25
- MBENEFIT down – 6.90% to close at N0.27
- ETI down – 6.19% to close at N10.60
Nigerian Exchange Top 3 by Volume
- SOVRENINS – 523,925,840
- ACCESSCORP – 176,540,901
- STERLNBANK – 39,832,624
Nigerian Exchange Top 3 by Value
- PRESCO – N1,611,074,853
- ACCESSCORP – N1,518,282,976
- GEREGU – N1,491,760,452