Applicants are invited to submit their applications for its Johnson & Johnson One Young World Scholarship Program 2019.
Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact, the team who leads the global partnership for Johnson & Johnson with OYW, is collaborating with OYW to offer scholarships to 12 young health leaders across the globe to participate in the 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
The Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact team supports and champions people on the frontlines who are at the heart of delivering care. The team believes that changing the trajectory of health for humanity requires putting people first, so that communities and health systems have the ability to address the health needs of the world’s most vulnerable people. Through its global and community-based partnerships and programs, the Team aims to support the next generation of global and community-based health leaders to develop the skills and tools they need to drive health and well-being in underserved communities.
The Johnson & Johnson One Young World Scholarship Program runs from September 2019 – February 2020. All scholar recipients will be expected to invest 10% of their time in this program and to attend regular Johnson & Johnson webinars and calls.
- Participation in the 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program
- Individual coaching with senior Johnson & Johnson leaders
- Working with 2019 Johnson & Johnson delegates in buddy teams, over the course of the six-month program to support the Scholar through the sharing of their skills and knowledge
- Attendance at the J&J OYW Program pre-workshop and dinner on 21 October 2019
- Attendance at the J&J OYW Program debrief session & lunch on 26 October
- Participation in interactive webinars and conference calls throughout the duration of the Program
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom
- The cost of travel to and from London (economy flights only)
- Hotel accommodation in a single room from 21-25 October inclusive
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, during these days
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Applicants must be working on the front lines of delivering care and dedicated to health and care giving to underserved populations and communities.
- Applicants can be a nurse, midwife, community health worker, a doctor, a social entrepreneur, a digital health expert, or working for a social enterprise, medical facility and/or a nongovernmental organization.
- If selected, Health Care Professionals classified as Government Officials within their home country will need approval from their employer and may be required to undergo an additional health care compliance approval process by Johnson & Johnson before their scholarship can be confirmed.
- Important: Selected scholars must be available to commit 10% of their time to the program, over the 6-month program period (September 2019 – February 2020)
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative idea
- Interest and engagement in sharing and learning from others
- Skills: enthusiastic, pro-active, creative, eager to improve, not afraid to change the status quo, team player, good communicator and project management
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.oneyoungworld.com/johnson-johnson-one-young-world-scholarship-program-2019