Application Deadline: April 1, 2022, 11:59 PM EST
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) recognizes the potential of youth as change agents and believes that youth can – and should – be engaged as key stakeholders to build more resilient and inclusive democracies and markets.
Building on CIPE’s previous experience developing youth as future civic, political, and business leaders, supporting youth advocacy campaigns, and providing entrepreneurship training, the CIPE Youth Leadership Program is a five-month non-residential program that aims to 1) increase the visibility of economic issues affecting youth as a critical piece to post-pandemic recovery, and 2) create a platform for young people to amplify their voices and ideas.
The culmination of this program will be CIPE’s virtual Youth Leadership Conference focused on youth engagement with private enterprise and democracy, as well as challenges that disproportionately affect young people and proposed solutions. This event will serve as a venue for CIPE Youth Leaders to showcase the advocacy and research conducted during the program.
Theme: Youth Engagement with Private Enterprise and Democracy
Candidates must be between the ages of 18-25 at the time of application. Preference will be given to individuals from non-OECD countries. Applicants must have:
- Demonstrated interest or experience working on youth empowerment issues, with preference given to those focused on democracy, private sector/entrepreneurship, or civic/political participation.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: policy, activism, entrepreneurship, or research.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in collaboration with CIPE staff and other Youth Leaders across different time zones.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Access to a reliable computer and internet connection that enables video participation in virtual workshops or conferences.
Five candidates will be selected for the CIPE Youth Leadership Program and will receive up to $2,500 USD for completing all the required activities based on the extent of the proposed project and associated expense
Program Duration: May 2, 2022 – September 30, 2022 (5 months)
Stipend: Up to $2,500 USD for completing all the required activities
For More Information: